|Brandon Bass, PF Shot Chart 35 MIN | 4-9 FG | 3-4 FT | 11 REB | 4 AST | 1 STL | 1 BLK | 1 TO | 11 PTS | -10Eleven rebounds is a nice line for Bass, but he was missing shots down the stretch (note: He was not alone in this).|
|Jared Sullinger, PF Shot Chart 31 MIN | 9-18 FG | 3-4 FT | 11 REB | 1 AST | 1 STL | 0 BLK | 1 TO | 22 PTS | -7What more can you say about Sully at this point? 20-10 (or 22-11, in this case) games are starting to feel like the norm, he’s battling around the basket, grabbing offensive boards and taking shots that come to him within the flow of the offense. He also played hurt after taking a crashing blow from Bradley Beal in the second quarter.|
|Avery Bradley, PG Shot Chart 38 MIN | 12-18 FG | 0-2 FT | 5 REB | 0 AST | 1 STL | 0 BLK | 2 TO | 26 PTS | -7Bradley was engulfed in flames in the fourth quarter, but he took a few bad heat check shots after he cooled down a bit. Still, without his contributions on both ends, this game would have been a lot uglier.|
|Jeff Green, SG Shot Chart 34 MIN | 4-13 FG | 5-7 FT | 2 REB | 1 AST | 1 STL | 1 BLK | 2 TO | 13 PTS | -1013 points on 13 shots, 0-for-6 from 3-point range and two rebounds. Why has Green seemed to be in such a funk lately?|
|Jordan Crawford, SG Shot Chart 33 MIN | 5-11 FG | 0-0 FT | 3 REB | 8 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 5 TO | 11 PTS | -4Crawford probably tried to do a little too much and definitely wanted to make an impression on his former team. Eight assists is good, five turnovers is rough.|
|Kris Humphries, PF Shot Chart 16 MIN | 4-6 FG | 0-1 FT | 5 REB | 3 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 1 TO | 8 PTS | 0The fact that Kris Humphries is justifiably Boston’s first person off the bench tells you a good chunk of what you need to know about this team’s second unit. Nothing against Hump, who played well in 18 minutes, he’s just…not a sixth man on a good team.|
|Gerald Wallace, SF Shot Chart 18 MIN | 3-5 FG | 0-0 FT | 2 REB | 2 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 6 PTS | -1In a game where players mainly settled for mid-range jumpers, it was good to see Gerald Wallace attacking the rim. Also: Wallace has attempted five field goals in just one another game in December.|
|Kelly Olynyk, C Shot Chart 6 MIN | 0-3 FG | 0-0 FT | 1 REB | 1 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 0 PTS | +1/examines Olynyk’s line sadly //watches Summer League highlights ///remembers when Olynyk was really good and stuff ////is incredibly sad|
|Vitor Faverani, C Shot Chart 7 MIN | 1-1 FG | 0-0 FT | 0 REB | 0 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 2 PTS | +4One beautiful pick-and-roll with Jordan Crawford, and it was back to the bench with Faverani. How does one grade that?|
|Phil Pressey, PG Shot Chart 14 MIN | 0-0 FG | 0-0 FT | 0 REB | 5 AST | 1 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 0 PTS | -1Five assists and no turnovers for Pressey, as he helped spark a bit of a run early in the fourth while Bradley was starting fires. It was the most composed Pressey has looked in a couple of weeks.|
|Courtney Lee, SG Shot Chart 8 MIN | 0-3 FG | 0-0 FT | 0 REB | 0 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 0 PTS | 0Thanks for doing things, Courtney.|
Two Things We Saw
- The Celtics ran out a lineup of Pressey/Lee/Wallace/Olynyk/Humphries at the start of the second quarter which, from here on out, should be the “We are going to have to get stops, because there’s absolutely no chance whatsoever that we are going to score” lineup. Sure enough, after Wallace caught the Wizards napping in the post to start the quarter, the lineup didn’t score again.
- With 16 seconds left in the first quarter and the shot clock turned off, Jordan Crawford jacked a deep 3-pointer and drained it. Despite the made shot, Stevens did not look pleased with Crawford’s shot selection as the team sat down at the end of the quarter.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Tom Westerholm (see all)
- Practice Notebook: Bradley’s Return, Vitor In Maine, More - February 1, 2014
- Rondo: Celtics Will Still Lose “Even When I’m Back 110 Percent” - January 31, 2014
- Throwing The Fight: 76ers 95, Celtics 94 - January 29, 2014