I missed this in real time, but fortunately (unfortunately?) BuzzFeed Sports writer Matt Kiebus did not. After the final buzzer in Boston’s 97-87 win over Utah, Jeff Green went to congratulate Brad Stevens on his first win as an NBA coach. The result was staggeringly, skin-crawlingly bad.
BuzzFeed broke this down in detail, and you should go read the post I linked above as it’s a perfect breakdown, but I have three thoughts:
1. I doubted before that there was any animosity between Green and Stevens, but after seeing this, I can only assume Jeff Green went Latrell Sprewell on his coach in practice.
2. Marshon Brooks’ sneaky butt pat is hands down the best part of the GIF.
3. Is ANYTHING more awkward than an unreciprocated hug? Answer: Absolutely not. Nothing is more awkward than an unreciprocated hug.
Anyway, if Jeff Green receives a DNP-CD on Friday against Orlando, I think we can safely assume it’s because Stevens and Green are having a hard time looking at each other.
Follow Tom on Twitter: @Tom_NBA.
Latest posts by Tom Westerholm (see all)
- Practice Notebook: Bradley’s Return, Vitor In Maine, More - February 1, 2014
- Rondo: Celtics Will Still Lose “Even When I’m Back 110 Percent” - January 31, 2014
- Throwing The Fight: 76ers 95, Celtics 94 - January 29, 2014