Five Things We Saw
- The Celtics’ channelled the power of Saint Patrick and banished the Bobcats out of Boston tonight. The win was in sharp contrast to the mauling the green team received from the Bobkitties the other night. It started with the Celtics playing pressure defense with energy and should have ended with the Bee Gees.
- As Brian reported earlier, Kevin Garnett missed the game with a injured left leg adductor and will likely miss Monday’s tilt with the Heat. Since my medical student girlfriend is on a service trip right now, I can’t even begin to tell you what a leg adductor is. Without knowing what it is, it would be incredibly irresponsible of me to say that this injury reminds me of 2009. Incredibly irresponsible.
- Unlike the game in Charlotte, Paul Pierce suited up for this one and was only needed 2 and 3/4ths quarters. He didn’t have quite the “this is what would have happened had I played the other night” game but luckily it wasn’t needed. He finished with 8 assists, proving once again that he is an awesome point forward.
- I was trying for the life of me to get #SavvyShavy trending on Twitter. I’m going to assume anyone who would have helped out in that endeavor is out reveling somewhere with green beer. Shavlik Randolph is unlikely to do anything for the C’s come playoff time (if he even survives past his second 10 day contract) so we must savor these rare moments where we get to see an unathletic awesome dude play well. He battled fellow Duke Alumnus Josh McRoberts for most of his minutes which provided a nice look into how they likely spend their summer pickup games.
- For the first time in 5 seasons (false), the Celtics outrebounded their opponent. It took a team effort as everyone did a good job crashing the glass. #SavvyShavy led the team with eight and the C’s finished with the 42-35 edge.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Brendan Jackson (see all)
- Should the Celtics Trade for Blake Griffin or Russell Westbrook? - July 12, 2016
- Celtics Summer League Utah Takeaways: Players Going to Play - July 8, 2016
- BiyombNO! Bismack playing his way into big money… - May 24, 2016