Rather than go with 13 grades for the C’s roster (all 13 active players saw action tonight), we will save our hard-hitting analysis for the Atlanta series and give you some key bullet points to hold you over before our coverage ramps up on the first round showdown with the Hawks tomorrow. In the meantime, here’s what you need to know about tonight
- Rondo, Garnett and Pietrus returned to action looking no worse for the wear. Rondo continued his double-digit assist streak, pushing it to 24 straight games, while also taking just one shot. No one has done that since 1984 (per Paul Flannery on Twitter). Classic Rondo
- Atlanta blew out Dallas, so they get to host Game 1 and have homecourt advantage for their series with the C’s. The first game will be Sunday night at 7pm on ESPN. Full schedule of the series upcoming here at CelticsHub.
- Pierce aggravated his bruised left toe, but still managed to score 12 points in just six minutes of action.
- Ryan Hollins actually looked solid, with a career-high four blocks.
- Celtics won this one by 13 and scored just 27 points in the second half. Yes, it was hard on the eyes for the three quarters of this one.
Much more on the way later tonight…….
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- Dissecting the Nerlens Noel Trade and Ray Allen-to-Celtics Return Rumors - August 13, 2016
- CelticsHub Draft Day Predictions Roundtable - June 23, 2016
- Who Should the Celtics Be Willing to Trade the No. 3 Pick For? - June 23, 2016