I talked with New York back up point guard Mike Bibby prior to Sunday afternoon’s Celtics-Knicks game at the TD Garden? Why Mike Bibby you ask? Well Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire were getting pre-game treatment and not talking. Tyson Chandler declined an invitation to go on “5 Questions,” as he was also getting some treatment. I talked to Landry Fields last time the Knicks were in town and Jeremy Lin was shooting around, getting treatment, going to pre-game chapel. Plus, I’ve always been a fan of Mike Bibby, so here we go.
1. What do you think of Rajon Rondo as a player? Obviously you guys had some good match ups while you were playing with the Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs.
Bibby: Good player. You know one of the top Point Guards in the league. Had about a week that I worked with him when he was at Kentucky. He knows my cousin so, we brought out when he was in school. Great player.
2. Speaking of College, you had a great run back in ’97, were there any players that you either played with or against that didn’t develop into solid NBA players that you thought would?
Bibby: Umm. Not that I can think of right now. I mean there is still a lot of people, well a few people that was in college at the same time as me and came in the same draft. So there is still a few of us left and we’re just hanging in there.
3. What was your thoughts on Sacramento keeping the Kings in town?
Bibby: It’s good. I’m happy for the city and the Maloofs. I think it’s good for the city to just keep it going. It’s a great basketball town and it would be sad to see them leave.
4. Less than 2 weeks to the Trade Deadline, you’ve been a part of a lot of these. Does it change the feeling in the locker room? Is there more tension?
Bibby: It depends. You just want to… some guys want to get traded, some guys don’t want to get traded. It’s a buisness. What ever happens happens. But when you’re still on that team, you got to play for that team.
5. With Baron [Davis] back and Jeremy [Lin] you aren’t getting a lot of minutes. What do you do to stay ready?
Bibby: I get my work outs in still. Get the treatment that needs to be done and just keep going.
Rich Keefe is the Celtics Reporter for 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston. You can follow him on twitter: @Keefe21