Full grades are upcoming but here are five quick thoughts on this one after the C’s snapped the longest losing streak in the Big Three era.
1) First things first, a win is a win. It wasn’t pretty (18 turnovers) with a double-digit blown lead in the first half. The C’s responded though. They hit big shots in the closing minutes, executed down the stretch and even grabbed a crucial offensive rebound(!) in the final minute to help them seal the win thanks to a Kevin Garnett mismatch against Kyrie Irving.
2) Rajon Rondo went scoreless for the first time since last season, and he and Pierce combined for 11 turnovers…..yet the C’s still snuck this thing out. Again, you will take it any day of the week.
3) Terrific minutes from Chris Wilcox (11 rebounds), Mickael Pietrus (+14), and Avery Bradley as well. Now that everyone is back in their usual roles, consistency from the bench will be crucial for this team to get hot again.
4) Keyon Dooling is still not healthy. I don’t want to hate on the guy for gutting it out, but he’s not helping this team right now when he’s out there.
5) Solid return for Brandon Bass, despite going cold in the second half. The new-look starting lineup may stay for awhile, even when Jermaine O’Neal returns.
Plenty more on the way this evening…..
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- CelticsHub Draft Day Predictions Roundtable - June 23, 2016
- Who Should the Celtics Be Willing to Trade the No. 3 Pick For? - June 23, 2016
- Why Buddy Hield Would Be A Reach for Celtics at No. 3 - June 13, 2016