Big news from the TD Garden tonight, as Shaquille O’Neal will take the floor for the first time since January according to head coach Doc Rivers. A few important key points about Shaq’s long awaited return.
- Shaq will come off the bench. Jermaine O’Neal earns the start, as Glen Davis returns to his 6th man role off the pine, a place where Rivers prefers to have him.
- Shaq will play just two short stints (5-7 minutes) in each half, before being shut down for the night.
- Rivers plans on playing O’Neal just 3-4 games before shutting him down again to get ready for the playoffs.
Doc on the early return: “It’s not the best way to do it obviously, but we have no choice.”
Also good news on Nenad Krstic and Troy Murphy, who are both on pace to return Tuesday night in Philadelphia from their respective knee and ankle injuries.
Stay tuned to CelticsHub for full coverage live from the TD Garden tonight and postgame reaction from Shaq after his return to the hardwood.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- CelticsHub Podcast: Reviewing the Rebuild - September 23, 2016
- Shaquille O’Neal Shows Love for Celtics Fans at Hall of Fame - September 10, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Shoots Hoops With A 14-Year-Old Kid at Park - September 10, 2016