A few quick notes on the victory before we dig further into this one today, since it actually felt like a regular season contest more than a preseason game throughout it.
* Paul Pierce with a patented game winning stepback to make sure he was on time for his birthday? I love it. The minutes for him, Rondo and Ray Allen in a preseason game? 37+ for everyone. That’s pushing it Doc, but hey they wanted the W so you can’t blame him.
* Luke Harangody with a stellar 16-12 in the absence of an ejected Kevin Garnett. We’ll talk more about him later today, but Gody was a bit of a revelation in a small lineup, as a vaccum on the glass. He also may have the quickest and most awkward shot release in the game.
* Big Baby and Shaq both sat to rest nagging injuries. Nothing to be concerned about there, just an excuse to get the other big guys minutes.
* All you need to know about the bubble watch: Stephane Lasme played major minutes, Von Wafer….just two.
That’s all for now, an in-depth recap to come later today.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- CelticsHub Podcast: Reviewing the Rebuild - September 23, 2016
- Shaquille O’Neal Shows Love for Celtics Fans at Hall of Fame - September 10, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Shoots Hoops With A 14-Year-Old Kid at Park - September 10, 2016