The C’s have commenced their first session of the year down in Newport RI, going at it for a hard three hours. There have been a number of requests to us here at the site on finding a way to watch the festivities.
With an online broadcast failing to be an option, we give you the next best thing, our man Chris Forsberg from ESPNBoston.com giving us the latest on-court action and interviews. A few items of note via his Twitter account:
* Particpants for the day included non-roster invitees Mario West (SG). Jamar Smith (6-3 rookie), Stephane Lasme (6-8, NBDL defensive player of the year).
* Chris Johnson, a 6-11 shotblocker out of LSU who played overseas last year was present at camp and is expected to participate later this week.
* Unsurprisingly, Doc Rivers says the team needs to work on conditioning. That’s what one of the most veteran-laden teams in NBA history will get you.
* Delonte West was the last guy on the floor shooting. He will miss the first ten games of the season.
* First unit consisted of usual four suspects, with a rotating of Shaq and Jermaine at the 5 spot. Second unit was Nate, Marquis, Baby, West and Semi Erden.
* Ending on a bright spot, via the Celtics twitter account, Doc called KG “phenomenal and explosive.” on his first day in action.
Video after the jump