We’re approaching the dog days of the offseason right now with Summer League having long past, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be any basketball for you junkies out there. Instead, we have the FIBA World Championship coming up later this month, starting August 28th in Turkey.
As most of you already well know, Team USA has cut itself down to 15 players, with Rajon Rondo being one of the guys still in contention to make the final cut of 12.
All the squads don’t have to trim themselves down to 12 players until August 26th, so there is still plenty of time for the spots to shakes themselves out. Business picks up this weekend where Team USA faces France in a friendly exhibition at Madison Square Garden in preparation for the event.
In the meantime, I am joined frequent CelticsHub podcast contributor and “international expert” Rich Keefe, who is also a reporter at 98.5 The Sports Hub here in Boston and co-author of The Sports Brief. The two of us break down the 2010 World Championships in-depth. A few of the questions we dissect:
* What are the exact differences in the international game from the NBA?
* Will Rajon Rondo make this roster?
* Who will be the other cuts to trim the roster down to 12?
* Will Team USA run into any trouble in this tournament?
To listen, click on the link below and press the play button. You can also press the arrow button on the right side of the player to download the mp3.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- CelticsHub Podcast: Reviewing the Rebuild - September 23, 2016
- Shaquille O’Neal Shows Love for Celtics Fans at Hall of Fame - September 10, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Shoots Hoops With A 14-Year-Old Kid at Park - September 10, 2016