First Big Baby has been fined 25 thousand by the NBA according to Chris Forsberg at ESPNBoston.com An excerpt from the report:
The NBA fined Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis $25,000 Thursday for an obscene outburst directed at a fan during Wednesday’s 92-86 loss to the Detroit Pistons at The Palace at Auburn Hills.
A jeering fan near the Celtics’ bench repeatedly called Davis “fat boy” and told him to lose some weight. Davis’ obscene response was audible on both the Boston radio and television broadcasts of the game.
“We know what happened, and that’s unacceptable,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said after the game. “It’s tough when the fans are yelling that stuff at you, but you have to be stronger than that.”
You would think after the broken thumb incident, Baby would work extra hard to keep his nose clean for the rest of the season. With an outburst like this, that clearly did not happen. With signs of immaturity like this, it makes you wonder if that was part of the reason why Danny and (other teams) did not want to invest long term in the 3rd year power forward.
In unrelated news, A Sherrod Blakely from CSNNE.com (h/t: CelticsBlog) has reported that J.R. Giddens has been sent down to the Maine Red Claws of the NBDL. This move would seem to indicate a couple things:
1) Kevin Garnett is on schedule to return Friday night against Portland as anticipated, giving the C’s a full 12 man active roster without Giddens.
2) Bill Walker has moved back ahead of J.R. Giddens on the depth chart. He played spot minutes in the 2nd quarter last night in Detroit, so we will see if that PT is an anomaly rather than a trend.
Finally, Gary Tanguay, also of CSN and 98.5 The Sports Hub has reported that Giddens was offered to the Knicks along with future considerations in the widely reported trade offer for Nate Robinson. The deal was offered a few weeks back, during Robinson’s benching. With Robinson back in the Knick rotation now, a deal looks unlikely unless the C’s are able to significantly upgrade their offer.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- What Should the Celtics Do With Avery Bradley? - February 20, 2017
- Debating Celtics Trade Value Power Rankings - February 13, 2017
- Do the Celtics Deserve Any All-Stars Besides Isaiah Thomas? - January 25, 2017