First we have Murphy reporting on Doc and Pierce in the Herald:
Doc Rivers, tending to a personal matter, missed today’s practice, which was instead run by associate coach Tom Thibodeau. The Celtics coach is expected to be on hand for tomorrow’s practice. … In a sign of (limited) progress, the wounded Paul Pierce shot off to the side while the rest of the team started practice this afternoon.
Chris Forsberg picks things up from there, reporting via his twitter account about the rest of the practice session. Some additional items of note:
* The C’s practiced with the same first team as Saturday night’s starting lineup. (Giddens, Allen, Allen, Wallace, Perkins)
* Rondo also appeared at practice but did not participate in drills, shooting off to the side with Pierce.
* Pierce will update us on his status tomorrow
So what can we make of all of this? First, it looks likely that Pierce will not be suiting up in Miami Wednesday. Rondo looks to be a gametime decision as well. His lack of participation in drills would make it appear that he could sit out Wednesday as well.
It also could be a case of not wanting to reaggravate his hamstring unnecessarily before game action. We will clearly know more after tomorrow’s practice but I wouldn’t fault the C’s for be extra cautious with Rondo and trying to squeak out another shorthanded win against a struggling Heat squad (losers of 3 straight).
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- CelticsHub Draft Day Predictions Roundtable - June 23, 2016
- Who Should the Celtics Be Willing to Trade the No. 3 Pick For? - June 23, 2016
- Why Buddy Hield Would Be A Reach for Celtics at No. 3 - June 13, 2016