This one appeared to be lost from the start for the Green who came in missing four key rotation players, including The Truth and The Big Ticket. A few bullets on the lowlights, for now to hold you over until Brendan’s full recap in the a.m.
* Eddie House finding his shooting groove for the first time in a few weeks. The C’s have needed some offensive firepower off the bench lately so hopefully this is Eddie getting over his shooting slump.
* Shelden Williams escaped from his anchoring to the bench to provide a solid 20 minutes of play, with 14 points, and even more impressively 10 trips to the line. We saw some of this in the opening few games of this season, so will be interesting to see if this is just a flash in the pan again.
* Injuries, and lots of them. That’s a discussion for tomorrow though
* More sloppy defense (Phoenix shot 50 percent)
* Uninspiring efforts from Ray and Rasheed who combined to shot just over 25 percent from the field on the night
* Perk is close to surpassing Sheed’s technical pace.
* Not enough playing of the young guys on a night when they could (should?) have been given more minutes in place of a bruised, battered and tired C’s lineup.
That’s it for now, check back for a full recap from Brendan Jackson later this morning. In the meantime, the C’s try to pick up the pieces with a couple of nights off before a Saturday night tilt with Toronto at the Garden.