…and not the Earl Monroe kind.
Brian should have a fullish recap up tonight or tomorrow but here are just a few bullet points from tonight’s game to satiate you until then.
- Everyone played extremely hard. Players were flying around as if no one had a guaranteed contract and like that. Do we have good players, good coaches, or is everyone just excited as we are about the first game our the C’s season? Multiple answers will be accepted.
- It seemed like many of the Celtics are in the wrong sport. I think an NFL team needing some pass rushers could use a guy like Big Baby or Williams. A wide reciever/ D Back? Hudson and Rondo. Offensive tackle? Sweetney. Something for him to consider considering the NFL’s a sport that would actually want Sweetney to be over 300 lbs.
- The free throw shooting was atrocious but it’s only the first preseason game so it’s okay.
- Davis looked fast and fit, although it seemed like he was trying to do too much as soon as Carl Landry got in the game. In the spirit of over-analyzing the first preseason game I’ll say that Davis’ inspired play could be a result of feeling like he needs to live up the Carl Landrys, David Lees, and Paul Milsaps of the world. And by that I mean under-rated-over-producing big men that should be paid well but might not really be paid what they’re worth except for maybe Milsap because Utah matched Portland’s offer this offseason see where I’m going with this?
- Davis and Daniels could make a killing this season making turn-around fade-aways in the lane.
- Shelden Williams played like a lottery pick, just in his rookie season and committed some phantom fouls.
- The only player in double figures? Michael Sweetney! Sign ’em up Danny!
- The mics in Hidalgo were so good you heard Sheed’s indignation loud and clear on his block/ foul of Ariza. Ariza missed the first free throw proving once again that, “BALL DON’T LIE!” (Except in this case because that was definitely a foul, sorry Sheed). Oh and he also got his first T of the season- these don’t count toward suspension right??
If you know Brian like I do, you know you’re in for a healthy dose of analysis on Scal’s hook shot. I haven’t talked to Brian, but other highlights could include Shelden Williams’ put-back dunk and perhaps something on Garnett…perhaps.
And here’s the box score:
Latest posts by Brendan Jackson (see all)
- Should the Celtics Trade for Blake Griffin or Russell Westbrook? - July 12, 2016
- Celtics Summer League Utah Takeaways: Players Going to Play - July 8, 2016
- BiyombNO! Bismack playing his way into big money… - May 24, 2016