“Bobby Brown’s dwindling playing time as the week wore on suggests he won’t be on the roster by opening night, either by being packaged in some kind of trade or simply have the year remaining on his contract bought out.”
Should the Celtics consider inviting him to training camp?
Some things to consider:
- He’s younger than Lester Hudson
- He’s not as injury prone as Tyronn Lue
- He averaged 5.5 pts and 1.7 ast per game
- He’s a 90% FT shooter and 35% Three Point Shooter
- He’s cheap ($736,420, or a new/ cheaper deal)
- He’s still got good potential.
- He’s not a great defender and gets out-played on the defensive end according to 82games.com
“Bobby Brown (MIN): Sorry to break fellow Titan Marc Stein’s heart, but for a team that just drafted two rookie PGs, Brown hoped to show this week that he could be part of the Timberwolves’ backcourt rotation. That’s looking unlikely. He’s shooting 35.7 percent from the field, and not giving the ‘Wolves much else.”
Now that the T’wolves are stacked at PG, they don’t have a use for Brown. Do the Celtics?
Definitely a score-first point guard with good athleticism. Sounds a lot like Lester Hudson and if we can’t get Lester Hudson due to injury, we might want to consider his younger back up.
Latest posts by Brendan Jackson (see all)
- Should the Celtics Trade for Blake Griffin or Russell Westbrook? - July 12, 2016
- Celtics Summer League Utah Takeaways: Players Going to Play - July 8, 2016
- BiyombNO! Bismack playing his way into big money… - May 24, 2016