- Claude Julien, Doc Rivers earn high praise: Two of the area’s four big league teams are in the playoffs, and as we sit here, waiting for the drama to play out, one thing we don’t have to worry about is that either Claude or Doc will show up at work decked out in tri-cornered hats, life preservers and holding inflatable rubber duckies. Translation: Neither Claude nor Doc is going to allow the postseason to turn their brains to mush. [Boston Herald]
- Uncorking excuses: That’s not all Van Gundy’s fault, but his best player tried to make it seem that way when he threw the coach under the bus and then backed up to make sure he got Van Gundy following the Celtics’ improbable 92-88 victory in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals at the Garden. [Herald]
- Celts Seal a Gutty Win the 50-50 Way: The Celtics’ 92-88 Game 5 win over the Orlando Magic didn’t feature a lot of pretty basketball. The good guys’ basket seemed to be roughly the size of a keyhole for most of the contest. The fouls and jumping at head-fakes on both sides weren’t attractive. The Magic’s offensive execution (aided by a suddenly awakened Celtics defense) down the stretch was downright grisly. [Celtics Blog]
The following two tabs change content below.
Brian Robb co-founded CelticsHub in 2009 and is the currently editor-in-chief. He is a producer and reporter at 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston and also contributes to Boston.com and Bleacher Report among other outlets.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- Celtics’ Biggest Challenge Down the Stretch Will Be Overcoming Their Inconsistency - March 24, 2017
- What Team Would Be the Best First Round Matchup for Celtics? - March 17, 2017
- What’s Next for Celtics After Quiet Trade Deadline? - February 24, 2017