- Big men take on bigger roles: A fatigued Glen Davis leaned down and grabbed his shorts to catch his breath during the Celtics’ 111-109 double-overtime victory Wednesday over the Bobcats. As he looked up, he locked eyes with Charlotte coach Larry Brown, who tried to take advantage by calling the next play for the man Davis was guarding. “I was bent out over and Larry Brown called out a play for Boris Diaw,” Davis said. “I’m looking at Larry and I’m like, ‘That’s coming to me.’ It was a situation where it did come to me. Teams are going after us. We just have to go out there and play.” [Boston.com]
- Without Kevin Garnett, Celtics still confident: After much discussion and consternation, it has been learned that if Kevin Garnett cannot play or is limited at the start of the playoffs, the Celtics [team stats] still plan to show up. And do well. “People think it’s over for us if we don’t have Kevin or if Kevin isn’t a hundred percent,” said Paul Pierce [stats], “but we don’t look at it that way. [Boston Herald]
- To Tweet or Not to Tweet? While Pierce has created a tweeting phenomenon in the Celtics community, not every player wants to put their lives out there for anyone to simply “follow” with the click of a mouse. How do other members of the Celtics who are not on Twitter view the social network? “I wouldn’t say that I would be against it,” said Ray Allen. “I think when we do something, it becomes habit forming. So when you do it over and over again, you somewhat have to stick to it because people expect it. It’s like if you score 20 points in your first NBA game, they expect it the next game and the next game after that. So it becomes a ritual that you somewhat have to perform. But I wouldn’t be against it.” [Weei.com]
The following two tabs change content below.
Brian Robb co-founded CelticsHub in 2009 and is the currently editor-in-chief. He is a producer and reporter at 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston and also contributes to Boston.com and Bleacher Report among other outlets.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- Wizards Crush Celtics in Game 4, Tie Series at 2 - May 8, 2017
- Who Should the Celtics Start vs. Wizards? - May 6, 2017
- Celtics’ Biggest Challenge Down the Stretch Will Be Overcoming Their Inconsistency - March 24, 2017