- Playoff seeding not a primary concern: Doc Rivers admits it. He may have glanced up at the out-of-town scoreboard during tonight’s game. And he may have noticed that Orlando lost. But he insists he doesn’t care. [Boston.com]
- Garden erupts as Allen gives Celtics the win: The Celtics consider the Charlotte Bobcats the definition of a nightmare first-round playoff opponent. Fortunately for the Celtics, they will not likely have to face the Bobcats again this season after earning a 111-109 double-overtime victory last night – 24 hours after the Bobcats defeated the Lakers in Charlotte, N.C. [Boston Globe]
- It bears repeating: Health key: “I know, for a fact, the years we won the championships we were 100 percent healthy,” said Popovich last month. “Everybody was 100 percent, and I think that’s the way it’s got to be. Every team that has won it, that’s been the case for that team.” And that has to be the case for the Celtics if they are going to repeat. That is the reason Kevin Garnett has been shut down at least until the April 12 game against Cleveland because of continuing soreness in his right knee. [Boston Globe]
- Garnett expected back for playoffs: Rivers said of Garnett’s return, “I think he absolutely will. There’s always a chance [Garnett won’t be ready], but I don’t see that, I really don’t. I would be very, very surprised if Kevin Garnett is not playing in Game 1 of the playoffs.” [Boston Globe]
- Doc Rivers has faith in defense minus Kevin Garnett: Now that Kevin Garnett is on ice until at least the last week of the regular season, speculation abounds about how effective the Celtics [team stats] forward will be in the playoffs. But Doc Rivers remains resolute about one thing – even with a limited Garnett, the Celtics can repeat as NBA champions. [Boston Herald]
- First round tickets go on sale Friday. [Boston.com]
The following two tabs change content below.
Brian Robb co-founded CelticsHub in 2009 and is the currently editor-in-chief. He is a producer and reporter at 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston and also contributes to Boston.com and Bleacher Report among other outlets.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- CelticsHub Podcast: Reviewing the Rebuild - September 23, 2016
- Shaquille O’Neal Shows Love for Celtics Fans at Hall of Fame - September 10, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Shoots Hoops With A 14-Year-Old Kid at Park - September 10, 2016