Too soon with the knee jokes?
- “The Celtics plan to shut down Kevin Garnett until the final week of the regular season, but his right knee will not require immediate surgery, according to an NBA source. The source said the decision was made following the Orlando game last Wednesday after Garnett met with president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and coach Doc Rivers and confirmed as Garnett limped through the early part of yesterday’s practice. Garnett is experiencing soreness and has difficulty loosening the muscles in the knee.” [Boston Globe]
- “Tony Allen, who has missed 35 games with injuries this season, will return to action when the Celtics play host to Charlotte tonight. “I’m going to give it a shot and see how it goes,” Allen said after a morning shootaround. “Today is a big day for me. I’m not looking at going out and scoring 50 points, nothing like that. Just getting in a rhythm and getting a feel for my new teammates and just trying to do what I can do to help.” ‘ [Boston Globe]
- “Though deep down the Celtics might wish otherwise, a delay in Kevin Garnett’s recovery does not mandate a rush in Leon Powe’s return to action. The second-year forward, also nursing a sore right knee, said yesterday his own timetable is very similar to Garnett’s. ‘The playoffs is what we’re aiming for right now,” said Powe, who will miss his seventh straight game tonight against Charlotte. “But Doc (Rivers) said that maybe I can (return) a little bit before that.’ ” [Boston Herald]
- “Injuries, injuries, injuries. They’ve been piling up around here like recycled newspapers. From Kevin Garnett’s knee to Laurence Maroney’s shoulder to Julio Lugo’s knee to Marco Sturm’s upper-body injury, Boston teams currently possess a list of ailments that looks like Evil Knievel’s medical history. Here’s a rundown …” [Boston.com]
The following two tabs change content below.
Brian Robb co-founded CelticsHub in 2009 and is the currently editor-in-chief. He is a producer and reporter at 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston and also contributes to Boston.com and Bleacher Report among other outlets.
Latest posts by Brian Robb (see all)
- Dissecting the Nerlens Noel Trade and Ray Allen-to-Celtics Return Rumors - August 13, 2016
- CelticsHub Draft Day Predictions Roundtable - June 23, 2016
- Who Should the Celtics Be Willing to Trade the No. 3 Pick For? - June 23, 2016